In Golden Gate Park, there is only one statue of a woman. This is the Pioneer Mother, the 1915 work of Charles Grafly for the Pan Pacific Exposition of 1915. California Questers P&R Fund restored the statue and the base.
Questers has replaced curtains, repaired a hall stained glass window, replaced the dining room silver pattern Orleans.
The chapter raised funds, applied for and received a Quester state grant, and installed a retaining wall to prevent grave slippage at the cemetery. The cemetery is the final resting place of several of Fallbrook’s early pioneers including the Gird Family and the Reverend William Pittenger, a civil war Medal of Honor winner.
Oak of the Golden dream has completed the project of restoring an original, late 1920’s lamppost that stands at what was once the entrance to the retirement ranch of silent movie star William S Hart.t.
Recently Adobe took on a project to complete light fixtures for all the rooms upstairs and downstairs. This effort will result in the installation of historically accurate fixtures and, in some cases, replace inappropriate or imitation antique fixtures.
The Tabard Inn Library revolving bookcase, circa 1900 to 1905, was restored by the El Camino Real Questers as displayed in the Oceanside, CA library. Tabard Inn Library bookcases were placed in train stations, hotel lobbies, etc where members could exchange books for 5 cents after joining the subscription library.
Amador funded and a chapter member made the farm house table used by the volunteers and guests..
The P&R Project that the De Tolosa Questers undertook was the conservation, stabilization and framing of the art by Maria Ascencion Dallidet.
With the help of a State Matching Grant we were able to accomplish that.
First of up to 14 plaques was dedicated October 13, 2011 in Visalia.
There were three Palace Hotels built following the discovery in 1872 of Silver in Mineral King (located in the high Sierras above Visalia). The first one was built in San Francisco, next Visalia then Porterville. The hotels provided lodging for investors in route to the silver mines. The Palace Hotel's upper story in Visalia remains essentially unchanged from the 1930s.
One of our members, found this trunk online in an auction (or on Ebay? Another member bid on it and we were able to get it for a great price. It was later appraised for $2000 though we paid much less. It was from 1847, the right historical period, and just what the Rancho Nipomo Dana Adobe wanted.
Major improvements to our P&R project, the kitchen and dining room of the Pittenger House, (Sgt. William Pittenger 1840-1904, a Union Army Soldier) are complete